BF-3 Flanger review by Boss

Boss: BF-3 Flanger

Purchased from: guitar guitar

I use a custom edge guitar through a Marshall mg series 15 watter, MG15CD (the flanger is in between a distortion and an octaver). It's not noisy at all. Like I said until you get to know the features and the functions (it might take sometime) & it might seem a bit tricky. As for the effects, very strong & sound great.

I play alt groove metalcore. This pedal suits the sound I want. I've been playing for a year and a half now. I own an ml-2, a Behringer UO100 and a Zoom 707II. If this were lost or stolen d surely get another (find the guy who stole it and beat him up too). I love the strong flange it gives and the number of things I can do with it. Boss is sort of a company that dosn't make shitty pedals so I went for a Boss, what more can I say?

You can certainly depend on it. it's built like a tank (bet you've heard that like a million times). There's no need of a back up for this, it'll bare all the assault on-stage and more!

It's the basic knobs that you've got to get around. A 'manual' which sets the level for the effect, a 'resonance' knob. A 'depth' knob to adjust the depth of the flange, a 'rate' knob which sets the rate of the flange. There are 4 modes, standard, ultra, gate/pan, momentary. The ultra mode provides more flange than the standard. Gate/pan provides a sort of 3D effect when in stereo (and more). The momentary mode switches the effect on only for the time it's kept depressed. Pressing and holding the pedal for more than 2 sec initiates tempo to be set. It'll take some time, but when you get it right this baby works just fine.The manual gives the functions of all the features and also gives some "presets" that can be used.