CE-3 Chorus Review

manufacturer: Boss date: 04/12/2011 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Boss: CE-3 Chorus
 Ease of Use: 8
 9.3
 8.5
 4,919
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
CE-3 Chorus Reviewed by: championguitar, on april 12, 2011

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: This is a Boss CE-3 chorus pedal made in japan. It is very easy to get a good sound out of it only has 3 knobs. I have found several usable settings for it depending on what I want for a paticular sound. My pedal didn't come with a manual but you don't need one to get a good sound out of this pedal. // 8

Sound: I am using a Squier Jagmaster though a Crate V5 amp. I also am using a BOSS DS-1 and an sd-1 but I only use the sd-1 with this pedal. It is a faily noisy pedal and it has a higher pitched hiss that you can easily hear when your not playing, I plan on getting a noise suppressor to correct this. It can go from a suble chorus to a full on insane kind of chorus like you hear on Come as You Are by Nirvana. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's a Boss pedal they are built like tanks. My pedal was made in 1982 and has lasted almost 30 years with only a few chips in the paint. The only thing it that it takes a bit more force to turn it on than my newer Boss pedals but that isn't a real problem. I'd use it in a gig without a backup only with a few extra batterys. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alot of rock, which I don't use this pedal for but almost all of my clean sounds I have this pedal on. I've been playing for 2 1/2 years and this is the third pedal that I've purchased. If this pedal was stolen then I probably would get another because it was very cheap for a good quality chorus pedal. I tried a few other chorus pedals and this one beat all of them in the price range. // 7

More Boss reviews rating category latest review
+ AC-3 Acoustic Simulator 8.6 Guitar Effects 02/05/2016