CE-5 Chorus review by Boss

Boss: CE-5 Chorus

Purchased from: Local pawn shop.

I'm currently using this pedal with a Squier stratocastor, and with the proper pre-sets, it can make the distortion in my Peavey Rage 158 sound like sex-in-a-box. The effects always sound terrific, although when doubled with my Dano compressor, I get occasional feedback. But that may be due to just technical flaws in my setup. This pedal is great for playing multiple Metallica songs, among others.

This pedal is great for the style of music play, which is classic rock distorted hard rock type stuff (Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, etc.) With the settings on low this can give the distortion a very metal feel to it. I would definitly buy another if this thing fell out of my hands, and considering I only payed half price for this at a pawn shop, I'm extremely lucky. This pedal has pretty much everything I could ask for in a chorus pedal, and is perfect the way it is.

Definitly reliable, as it is made of thick metal, and is built to last. I'd give this category a six if I could.

The moment I tried this effect, I fell in love with it. It came with no manual, but I figured it out easily, trying different pre-sets at a time. There's very little excess noise and it's very easy to modify the sound, as this pedal covers a very wide variety of modulation.

Click_Click
    i've played a few chorus pedals and I this is the best one in my openion. I got mine used and i've had it forever. you can set it to any style and run with it.The sound comes through clear with no extra noise. all Boss pedals are built like a tank and you need that when your stomping on them all the time.