CE-5 Chorus review by Boss

Boss: CE-5 Chorus

Purchased from: Ponier Music

At the store, I ran it through a Johnson stratocaster (their cheapest guitar) through a Johnson 10 watt amp (Their cheapest amp), and the sound was still pretty good. I got it home, and I ran my Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster through it, into a Crate XT120, and the sound was great. My board is very noisey, and this is the only effect that doesn't produce any excess feedback or noise. I can get the sound perfect for Nirvana songs (Come as you are, Smells like Teen Spirit, Breed, etc.), and I like to use that as a measure of a chorus, becuase I thought if there was one good thing about Kurt Cobain, it was his ability to integrate the chorus into his sound frequently. Everything about it is aweesome.

I play a mix of everything, from Surf to Neoclassical to Grunge, and it can work for all of these great when put in the right spot. I've been playing near 4 years, and have been through several other pedals in my short time of playing. This is one of the few times though that I've been truly happy with the pedal weeks after it's purchase. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably be incredibly ticked, but I'd probably buy an effects processor, just because I use a wide array of effects, and I don't like having to buy seperate pedals at $100 each. Compared to the chorus on my Line 6, it is amazing. Compared to the chorus on my DigiTech RP80, it just destroys it. This is definetly one of the best chorus pedals out there, but I would also consider the Small Clone Chorus as well for you Grunge fans. I play a wider array of music, but if you're just into Grunge, then I'd probably consider the Small Clone. But anything else, look no further than this.

I feel like I could definetly depend on this, and would gig without a backup. It's a Boss, and like all Boss pedals that I have encountered, it's built like a tank. I bought it used also, and even after someone else had beaten it up, it still holds up amazingly.

Incredibly easy to use. I got it home, and within a couple of minutes I had it on my board and had a great sound coming out of. However, you have to really crank some of the knobs to be able to hear the effect. It definetly produces a top notch chorus sound though.

ItDestroyedMe
    `BurnTheDusk`
    ItDestroyedMe wrote: I have this pedal as well as the DS-1, and I've run into the same problem with both of them. My cables work just fine, and the batteries in each pedal are working (the light turns on), but for some reason when I plug in the pedal, no sound comes out of my amp. Regardless of whether or not the pedal is on, nothing comes out. I think there might be an issue with the pedals' output. Anyone else have similar issues with either of these pedals?
    Turn volume to 5 on pedal, gain to 5, tone to 5 turn on amplifier If this doesnt fix it, its a functionability issue.