CE-5 Chorus review by Boss

Boss: CE-5 Chorus

I'm using this with a Dean avalanch ultra 7 string and a Jackson rr3 and Ibanez half stack and a slew of other pedals, and it complements my set up nicely. I have noticed that when useing overdriv/distortion that it can tend to get noisy with the high and low eq relitivly high. This pedal just sounds awsome to put it simply. It can go from a slight chorus to a sea sick kinda swooshing chorus. Right after getting the CE-5 i was able to get the clean chorus sound from a few Dream Theater songs.

I play a range of music from rock to blues to metal to even jazz, and this pedal suits all them styles well. I have always found a place for it. I have been playing for around 10 years now and own a few guitars and pedals from Boss, Dunlop, and DigiTech. I love this pedal cus it can add so much useing so little, makes a boreing clean line sound so big, the only thing I don't like is the fx eq can get noisy like a washed out delay kinda sound when set to high. the only other pedal I compared it to was the Boss super chorus but got the CE-5 insted cus it had more features.

As everyone says "Boss pedals are built like tanks" and for over 20 years now that statement is true. I have a few Boss pedals and have never had a problem with any of them. They just hold up so well. So it goes without saying that I can depend on it... even with my life. I could use this without haveing a back up or even another brands model.

After reading the manual it was easy to get the sounds that I had in my head. Just a few simple twists of the knobs and your set. It's not that hard to do what you want with it after you read a bit. It can range from a slight chorus to add a bit of mass to the sound to a wash of chorus that will allmost make you sea sick. To put it lightly if you are looking for a great chorus this is the pedal for you.