CE-5 Chorus review by Boss

Boss: CE-5 Chorus

This pedal can make a large variaty of sounds. I can tweak this pedal to perfection at times. Currently I'm playing a MIM Stratocaster along w/ a Peavey Classic 30, and the pedal can achieve the sound of my favorite artists like RHCP, Janes Addiction, and Jimi Hendrix. This is my personal favorite Chorus pedal, and I've owned a EHX small clone, and I think its a great pedal as well, but I prefer this over it, simply because you can tweak this Boss to sound exactly how you like.

Overall, this is an amazing chorus. W/ all the tweaking you can do, its one of the top of the line choruses, as far an indivisual stompboxes are concerned. Also, the Boss Super Chorus, is really the same thing without the filter, just an EQ knob. Personally I think the 2-stage filter is the way to go, there-fore i recomend this over the super chorus. If you can afford the $89, deffinatly go try one of these out, great pedal!

I highly doubt this thing would break on me. Its hard as a rock, so unless I drop it from the roof, I should be good. Besides, if it does have an issue, when you purchase this, Boss includes a 5 year warranty. Also, I would deff gig w/ it. Another thing I like about Boss pedals, is there exremely easy to press, when I'm giging and it comes a time to press one of my MXR pedals, I have to pause and make sure my foots in the right place to press that little button, but these Boss pedals are just a breeze to see and press.

The pedal is quite simple to use, once you expirement with it for a short while. The Pedal has an E. Level (Wet/Dry signal), Rate (Vibrato effect), Depth (Level of Chorus), and a Filter. The unique thing about this chorus, over the Boss Super Chorus, is its Filter. Its a two-stage filter, so basicly you can filter your Hi's and Lo's (Bass & Treble). The filter is really the reason i chose this pedal, because you can achieve alot more sounds w/ it.