CH-1 Super Chorus review by Boss

Boss: CH-1 Super Chorus

Price paid: € 50

Purchased from: Second-Hand

I have a Squier Strat as guitar & my amp is a Vox Pathfinder 15R, nothing special. I also use a few other pedals, naming a little big muff, a Boss OD-3 and DS-1 and a Dunlop wah. It can sound like a kurt cobain chorus, but its not an exact replica. Clean it sounds stunning good. I read some bad reviews about it, but I think this chorus is really good. I'm definitly not a chorus expert, but to my ears it's good. Thanks to the EQ twist knob you can make it sound dark or crisp. Push the rate all the way up and you get somewhat fast-phaser a like sound, but set depth & Depth at around 1'o clock and the rate about 11, and you have a nice sounding chorus. In stereo it is even a better chorus. It really swirls all over the place, but stays subtle. With a distortion or Overdrive pedal it sounds okay, nothing special.

I've been playing for about 2 years, playing most jimi hendrix songs easily and rocking some RHCP, nirvana & satana. This chorus is great for the ballads. One problem is, if you have to cables I have, the stereo outputs are to close to each other. This way I have to unwrap one of them. If it was stolen I'd probably look for another, in my search of tones. But if I had to Pick anything in this budget, I'd Pick this one.

It's a boss. It's a tank. Nothing more to say. It wont let you down, no backup needed. Its built to last a nuclear war. It might even be able to live on the sun! Don't be afraid of dropping this thing of anything, it'll survive it easily. Again, its a boss, it has been said enough that those things are indestructible.

I didn't get the manual with it, because I bought it second hand. It's easy to get a regular nice sounding chorus out of it. It's just as easy to get a crazy sound with it. I have one from before the digital era (it is from 1993), so its all analog. Mine is not true bypass, but I think the newer models are. It has a E. Level, EQ, Rate & depth knob. It also features a stereo output.