CH-1 Super Chorus review by Boss

Boss: CH-1 Super Chorus

Purchased from: Long & Mcquade

Pretty easy pedal to use. It was one of my first pedals I've ever used and after reading the simple set of instructions that came with the pedal (and an online copy), I was able to use the pedal perfectly fine. With some practice, I was able to learn how to get a variety of sounds from the pedal. With the 4 knobs there is a variety of sounds to be made and it is pretty easy to discover the perfect chorus sound from this pedal after few minutes of messing around with the settings. I haven't modified my pedal and I don't see any reason to modify this pedal. Pretty easy pedal to use.

I love the sound from the Boss CH-1 Super Chorus. It gives doesn't distort the signal or affect the tone. It gives a warm, bright "chorus" sound which gives a nice touch to almost everything I play in my worship band. I like to use it with a overdrive pedal on a low gain setting or just the pedal alone. I used it with a variety amps and it sounds consistent and very nice on all the amps I've used so far. The effect is also very adjustable with the knobs so you can get a small light chorus sound to a full on guitar choir from the pedal.

Like all other pedals from this brand, the pedals has a sturdy metal casing and the knobs are made tough. I dropped this pedal accidentally few times and there is no scratch or noticeable difference in the sound of produced by the pedal. From what I heard, Boss pedals last on average for around 20-30 years which is a long time and I can totally see why this pedal can last a long time. The pedal is self feels tough and durable and it has survived countless drops and hits yet the pedal still sounds really good. One of the most durable and reliable pedal I've seen. Never went wrong on me after months of using it constantly.

I play in my worship band and this pedal fits in everywhere with the adjustment of the settings of the pedal. I've been using this pedals for months and I absolutely love it. It is a versatile pedal. I use it to from just making my tone warmer to giving ambient swells a way better sound. I got recommended from reviews on UG and a variety of sites and videos to buy this pedal as my chorus pedals and it was definitely worth buying this pedal. Would definitely buy another one if I lost it or accidentally broke it. (Also came with complimentary Boss sticker which I put on my case XD).