DD-20 Giga Delay review by Boss

Boss: DD-20 Giga Delay

Purchased from: Ebay Boss Dealer

I have a variety of effects and quite a few guitars that I use this pedal with. I play a variety of music styles including Rock, Metal, Blues, and church music. I have yet to run into a genre that this pedal cannot tackle. It sounds great on all the settings and you never run out of delay time. The thing that I really like about digital delays is that the signal is preserved, unlike analog pedals, but they have different purposes. This pedal is basically plug-in and play. I have no complaints about the sound what'soever.

Again, I play a multitude of music styles. This thing covers them all. From speedy slapbacks to ambient chorus delays, this thing handles it all with ease. The delay time is crazy, and you really can't beat it. It is definitely worth the $200 that you spend on it. If it ever does break, Boss has a 7-year warranty on it for factory defects. I think that this pedal will last a REALLY long time. I don't see it breaking any time soon. I would definitely recommend this, and I would replace it if some were to steal it or break it. It is a sweet pedal, and I am extremely impressed.

I have been using this pedal for 2 or 3 years now, and I have played it on gigs, in church, in practice, etc. Not once has it ever failed on me. I made a tap tempo pedal for it (it has one built in, I just chose to make a tap tempo pedal to keep the pedals on the pedal free for other purposes). It is a Boss pedal, and it is nearly unbreakable. The housing must be made out of steel or some other durable metal because it is HEAVY. I think you could drop this thing several times before it even began to break down. It should be powered by something other than batteries though. It takes six AA batteries to power it otherwise.

The DD20 is an amazing pedal that is feature-rich and very easy to use after reading the manual. It has a great sound and is extremely customizable to suit your tastes. I have had my DD20 for about 3 years now with no complaints. If you can read and comprehend, you can use this pedal. Everything that you need to adjust is clearly printed on the outside of the pedal. Once you learn how to program your delays, you are ready to rock.

john.pratt1321
    On the dual delay, can you select the tempo for the short and long delay ex. 1/4 and .8th or is of preset and you cannot change it?