DD-3 Digital Delay review by Boss

Boss: DD-3 Digital Delay

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

This pedal has a great sound (obviously) as its delay. The features are great to imitate Tom Morello type delays and his good old toggle switchin' tricks which you can master with this or Incubus type delay or though Mikey E doesn't use this pedal but it does the job, with distortion its perfect for reverb like sounds for solos or Radiohead like verse parts etc.

I play mainly play alternative prog with a metal like twist and this is great for slow lead breaks and just your plain old Incubus like delayed chords etc. I've been playing for 3 years and I didnt know how to live until I got this pedal I own the BF-3, PH-3, TR-2, GE-7 and a Cry Baby through a Marshall TSL60 half stack and this pedal is the fruit of the loom of my overall sound and I couldnt live without one. I was going to go for the Line 6 delay modulator but thats just a DD-3 with 4 switches on it and cost's almost double the price of it. The pedal is excellent but the only feature I would add is a tempo tap feature like on the PH-3 and BF-3 so when your playing a song with a different time you can just change it by holding itdown and tapping it.

It's Boss, need I say more?

Well it's a Boss, so only 4 knobs (effect level, feedback time, delay time and delay mode) to fiddle with. But with only 4 knobs it still does its job, it's just the process of fiddlin' and twiddlin' till you get the desired effect. It does come with a manual with some examples but theres no need for them its your sound. This is the upgrade of the famous '80s/'90s DD-2 and has exactly the same options but just better sound, if you want the more featured expensive one go for the DD-5.