DD-6 Digital Delay review by Boss

Boss: DD-6 Digital Delay

Purchased from: Derringers music

I use this pedal with a USA Big Muff Pi, Vox Wah, Ibanez 7th Heaven (worst pedal ever), Squire Strat, and a Marshall MG100DFX. It sounds great it can make a subtle diference to your sound or a huge difference depending on what you have it set on. The only time this baby is noisy is when I'm making it osscillate which sounds awesome. Another great feature this unit has is warp mode which when the pedal is pressed down builds up more and more feedback and noise. This can sound quite good in the heavier songs to give them a more chaotic sound. I listen mostly to 90's rock EG Grunge stuff like that and my favourite band is the Smashing Pumpkins. I find I can get quite a pumpkiny sound out of this pedal particularly a siamese dream type sound, think hummer.

I play shrump rock and and it suits my style perfectly. I have been playing for a bout 9 months but I'm a quick learner. As I said before I have a Squier Strat (I don't mind it), USA Big Muff Pi (best distortion ever), Vox Wah (an essential part of my sound), a 7th Heaven (worst distortion ever but acts as a noise gate) and a Marshall MG100DFX. If it were lost or stolen I would search for it for at least a week non stop and if I found the guy that stole it I would get the dd6 back and let him go I mean who could blame him. If I couldn't find it I would try to buy anotherone but probably wouldn't be able to afford it as I bought it on sale 25% off and it normally costs $500! I didn't compare it to any other delays I just got this one because it was reduced to $380 and had more features than the other delays and it was compact aswell so it wouldn't take up to much space on a pedal board. To sum it up in one sentence "this is the best delay ever."

I would definitely gig without a backup. It's a Boss!

This is not exactly the easiest effect to operate but if you read the manual you should have no problems at all. The reason it is a bit difficult to use at first is that it has so many features EG reverse mode, over 5 seconds in hold mode and many more. Once you read the manual and practice using the pedal a bit you will be blown away with what this unit can do it's great.