DD-6 Digital Delay review by Boss

Boss: DD-6 Digital Delay

Because this pedal is so versatile, some of the settings you get will sound bad; but again when you get used to using it you can achieve brilliant background feedbacks and with a delay tome of 5.2 seconds; I don't think that any other can match. Features include tap-tempo, reverse, warp and a hold function which all sound brilliant. I use this with a Fender amp, Vintage guitar, Marshall Bluesbreaker II, and Ibanez PH-7 Phase. So a real mixed bag. So if it sounds brilliant on my set; imagine what it sounds like with a Marshall amp and Gibson!

I play a bit of traditional rock-blues, and many other types and the DD-6 does me fine; although I'm not that good yet and have only been playing for a couple of years. Bus as I said I have very few complaints about it if any. If it were lost so stolen I would buy another one if I had the money. I think that the tap-tempo mode is the best feture, and thats what set it apart from my other choices. I think that the only delay pedal you could get which is better than this one is if in a few years it upgrades itself or you buy this huge delay pedal board which has a few more unnessecery features and sets you back hundreds. If you need a decent delay, buy this one!

It's a Boss, and from what I have heard is true, that they make the best effects pedals around. And I haven't questioned the DD-6 since I have bought it once. It's tough (built like a brick) but not that heavy so is ideal performance material; although every rose has its thorn. It has one floor, it uses up more power than anything I have seen; if you get a DD-6 seriously consider getting a Boss power supply as it has an attachment for it. It takes the powerful 9-V batteries; I used the highest power Duracell ones and it still eats through them like a Piranha fish. So definately a power supply at gigs.

Looks more complicated than it actually is. The DD-6 takes a bit of time getting used to but once explored the possibilities are endless. It is very easy to get good sound from it. It also has a very good detailed manual telling you just about everything about it.

straternator_1
    is the DD-6 worth the money when compared to a DD-3? because im am thinking of buying a delay pedal, but the DD-6 costs A LOT more
    hendriko
    Stratocaster_21
    hendriko wrote: where the hell did you pay $380 for this? you know that you can get it for $160 at musiciansfriend.com ...
    Hendriko. This person comes from Australia