DD-6 Digital Delay review by Boss

Boss: DD-6 Digital Delay

I've had this running from my American Deluxe Strat (noiseless single-coils)/Cort CL-1500 (a semi-hollowboby with two humbuckers)>Boss OC-3>Danelectro Daddy-O>Boss DD-6>Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212 and it still sounds wonderful (that's an octave pedal to Overdrive to delay to a tube amp). Normally, I'll just pair it with the amp's reverb and it sounds wonderful. As for the three "special" delays: Hold - this is real real neat. It's basically a 5.2 second (max) semi-looper that allows you to overdub Live sounds and then overdub more sounds. To give an quick easy example, I can easily play the White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army" with the bass (with my octave pedal) while recording with the "Hold," then actually overdub the bass drum part by palm muting my octaved low E-string and that'll play until I turn the pedal off. Reverse - it does just what you'd think, it essentially reverses the note you play at the set tempo. You can however get some real neat effects with this. With it implemented lightly, you get a nice full sound to riffs. You can also get some real "trippy" sounds if you tune it in correctly but then you can also get some real real crappy sounds if you don't. Warp - this is a basic tempo delay, until you hold down the pedal. Basically, it causes the sound going through the pedal to increase in volume indefinitely until you release it, at which time is comfortably fades back to normal. Once you add in the delay times and feedback, you can get some real neat sounds. this is quite possibly one of my favorite effects ever.

Comparatively, I haven't been playing very long (only two years), but I know enough to know that this is a wonderful pedal, regardless of music style unless that style isn't really suited for delays. Like anything with heavy distortion. But why would you want to use a delay for that anyway? And if you're just buying it for the 5.2 seconds of overdubbing loopage, just buy a looper. Seriously.

It's a tank. Minus about 60 tons or so but with the same gas millage. Seriously it eats batteries like it's cool. You can always get the adapter or the Boss pedal board (if you have a bunch of pedals, but don't want a mess of wires).

While I'll agree with the others here that the pedal is a little complicated at first, all you have to do is read the manual (heaven forbid) and you'll be set. Seriously, once you understand exactly what knobs do what in what modes (some do slightly different things depending), you'll fall in love with this pedal in no time at all.

DayVBayB
    actually, i got the DD-6 because it was going for cheaper than the DD-3. both were brand new at Billy Hyde's.
    sesstreets
    The battery usage is ****ing horrible, a brand new 9volt lasts about 3 hours or so. This pisses me off greatly because I shouldn't have to buy a freaking adapter to use something that SHOULD WORK WITH A BATTERY!
    sesstreets
    ALSO NOTE! THERE IS NO BATTERY DRAIN ON THE LED! Meaning, that if you put in a drained battery, there is NO INDICATION that the battery is about to die, it simply DIES!
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
    guy_tebache
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr : watch for the DD-7 same price and its twice as good as this one... i work at GC and the BOSS guy came in and showed us a demo simply amazing
    I checked out the DD7 and I prefer the DD6 cos it has warp