DD-7 Digital Delay review by Boss

Boss: DD-7 Digital Delay

I'm running an Ibanez RG2EX2 through it with a Boss Metal Core in between, to a 50 watt Crate Palomino combo, and the sound is wonderful. It doesn't affect the tone to a noticeable degree, and creates no noise. The reverse function is kind of weak, but perhaps I'm not using it correctly, since it is my first time using a reverse function.

I'm sort of all over the spectrum as far as style goes, but a delay pedal isn't really linked to a particular genre. Used correctly, it will fit anywhere. I've been playing on and off for about 6 years, and this pedal is by far the best delay pedal I've ever used. There's no doubt in my mind that I'd buy this pedal again. Maybe not for the $170 price tag, but I'd find it somewhere. And if I had no choice, I'd pay full price again. If you don't know me -- which is almost all of you -- the sheer fact that I'm writing this review shows that I feel strongly about this pedal. I don't write many reviews unless I'm thoroughly satisfied or disappointed in a product, and clearly this is because of the former. I've had a DigiTech Digidelay before, and it didn't impress me too much. And I compared the DD-7 to the DD-3 and DD-6. The number of features alone make it my favorite delay pedal. The quality helps, also. The sound of the Digidelay doesn't compare to the DD-7. If anyone has the money to get this delay pedal, it's worth it. 100% worth it.

My last Boss pedal, I didn't take the best care of, and a knob snapped off. So I definitely opted into Guitar Center's warranty. But so far, this pedal is standing up to the use. I've had it for a couple months now, and haven't had any problems.

With all of the settings on Boss' new delay pedal, it's incredibly intuitive to get the set up you want. The only setting that isn't straight forward is the "Hold" function. It's basically a very simple loop machine. You can't save loops, but you can layer as many as you want (I've done up to 9 so far). Another feature that'll take a while to grasp is the different output functions the pedal features. Based on what input and output you use, you can have the effect bounce between two speakers, have the Original sound come out of one speaker and have the effect come out of the other, have only the delayed effect come out of the speaker, or extend the delay 2x.

hagstrom_9
    Just bought this pedal a few days ago, and it seriously blows my mind. There are things it can do that i didnt know where possible. Buy this if you have the cash