DF-2 Super Distortion And Feedbacker review by Boss

Boss: DF-2 Super Distortion And Feedbacker

Purchased from: Academy of Sound

I'm using it with an Ibanez GSA60 guitar dropped to C and B depending on songs with a Marshall MX amp. Although the amp has its own Overdrive channel the DF-2 creates a better sound for the kind of music I play. I play with the level full and then use the volume on me amp as the overall control as that way you feel the effects of the distortion better. I keep the tone low for the heavy feel and I keep the distortion at around three quarters of the way up, other wise I find if its full its to distorted to hear what your playing. The feedback effect its self is quality, id say you get the desired effect about 9 out of every 10 times. It has a seperatecontrol for feedback which I keep between half and three quaters of the way up. Over all the distortion is excellent on this pedal and the feedback function is great.

I play many styles of music mostly different genres of rock and metal. However I mainly play the heavy music. I love bands like Coal Chamber, System Of A Down, Devildriver and Metallica. I've been playing around a year and a bit, but I've only become serious over the last 6months. I love the sound the pedal gives as it allows me to almost mimic the sound I like perfectly. My favourite feature is the feedback for the times when you just hit a chord then press the feedback and the chords go's on and on and on getting more distorted, it's great. If it were stolen I would try and replace it but I have found this is a japanese Boss pedal and is difficult to find in the UK. I originally wanted just a simple distortion or Overdrive pedal but when I found you could imitate Feedback and have it in a pedal with distortion I had to buy it. It's handy just as a switch between clean and Distortion aswell for songs such as 'ATWA' by System Of A Down. I wish it had more ways to control the feedback that's the only improvement I could think to have on it.

I haven't had the pedal for long but so far it had worked fine.

It's easy to get any sound you want from this pedal, as with most Boss pedals you press once for on and again for off. For the feedback you simply hold down the pedal after playing a chord or note. You can change the amount of distortion with the use of the level, tone and distortion controls. There is also a feedback control for you desired amount. I bought it second hand so it has no manual.