DF-2 Super Distortion And Feedbacker review by Boss

Boss: DF-2 Super Distortion And Feedbacker

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Sadly, I'm using the DS-2 with an Epiphone Special II and a Marshall MG, and suprisingly, the pedal covers up the crappy tone of the MG. Of course it's noisy! "If you're ears aren't ringing, you're doing something wrong!" The effects (distortion, gain, etc), if you can call them effects, are pretty good. They never sound horrible. I can get a Foo Fighters, White Strips, Green Day (old and new), and a few other modern rock and pop-punk band sounds. The distortion and gain on the DS-2 are reliable and sound great.

I play modern rock, pop-punk, a little bit of metal, and blues. The DS-2 is a great match for all these styles. I have been playing for almost one year and a half. I own a Denver acoustic, a Godin Seagull electro-acoustic, an Epiphone Special II, and a Marshall MG. There is nothing I would've wanted to ask before I bought the DS-2. If it got stolen or lost, I would buy it again if I had enough money. My favorite feature is that you can control the exact tone of your guitar in a few switches. I can honestly say that I don't hate anything about the DS-2.

Yes, I can depend on the DS-2 I nany situation. I would definitely use it on a gig without backup.

It was quite a challenge getting a good sound out of the DS-2. It took me a whole day of working on it. The manual for it is helpful in setting it up with the guitar and amp, and also provides presets for different music genres.

Spartan 117
    a pedal that controls feedback? good feedback? like the feedback from holding your guitar up to the speaker?
    Viva-la-mark
    I want to try this. The feedback idea sounds awesome. But I don't know where I can try them.
    DazzaSchwings
    They're no longer in production but you can probably score one off ebay. Basically the feedback function works similarly to that which you can get out of an EBOW.
    Slacker996
    or you can use musicians friend
    Anjohl
    The DF-2 is legendary, you can coax such great sounds out of that thing.
    PTack
    I just ordered one of these from ebay. Ill probably post a review in a couple weeks! Hopefully the DF-2 is indeed legendary.