DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Marshall's Music, MI

The sounds are ENDLESS, when matched with other distortion pedals, the Boss DS-1 comes out in front. I play tons of Blink 182/Boxcar Racer type stuff, plus alot that ive written, and i can almost perfectly emulate the sound of Tom's guitar/distortion. I also play lots of heavier stuff too, POD, Alt. Rock, and this pedal is the perfect mathc for the playing style.

I love this pedal, and i would never change to a different brand when it came to the pedals i use. I would HIGHLY recomend this pedal, no matter your playing style....its just the way to go.

It's made of a thick outer shell, completely composed of metal, and can literally be stomped on again and again and will refuse to compromise its durability. When using a 9V battery with this Pedal, you can easily go for 3 weeks before having to change the battery as long as you dont leave the cord inside the "input" jack, which drains the battery, but ive played for next to 3-4 hours a day, with distortion 90% of the time, and the battery does indeed last.

I've never used an easier pedal in my life, and saying that, that isnt true, because every Boss pedal that i've ever used was so simple, it amazed me. Three knobs, and excellent durability just make this a fantastic pedal.