DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

For the most part I play punk rock and metal. I do play some soft rock and older stuff (Ac/Dc, Mettallica etc) After messing with the pedals settings for a day, and than listening to a song, i was able to reproduce the sound very closley. Im using a Fender Squier Strat and a Fender bullet amp. If you crank the knobs to max, you might get a little fuzz and buzz.

Overall, i think its an excellent first pedal, and second pedal too. Its wonderfully made, very good sound, excellent ease of use and durability. It suites pretty much any style of music. (punk, heavy metal, older rock, emo, hardline etc) If it were stolen, i would kick the ass of the person who stole it, and probably buy another one just to have 2. Overall, I'm very impressed, and I like it a lot.

Its very VERY durable, its been dragged around, jumped on, fallen into mosh pits, set on fire (no nt really) its made of durable metal and its sure to last through pretty much everything.

This was the first pedal I purchased, I use it with my Squier Strat and Frneder Bullet Amp. Its amazingly easy to use, with a Tone, Distortion and Volume pedal its almost self explanitory. If you just mess around with it for maybe 5 minutes, you get the idea. The manual is also helpfull, it has some settings you can use and it has areas where you can make up your own effects settings and make note of them