DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: wholenote.com

I use my Squier Affinity Strat along with this bad boy. I also use either a big keyboard Peavey amp at my church or my Guitar Research acoustic amp(100 watts) on it. The effects of th pedal are of authority & if u want a kool sound especially for lead playing u shud boost ur reverb and get ur chorus depth high. As for gettin th sound of fav artists? Hell yea!! I managed to get th saound from Sleeping Awake from POD, What If from Creed & a few songs from Switchfot & Skillet as well. It's all about toyin w/ the settings. The results are good. Now if u want a deathmetal sound or somethin, go get th DOD that Boss made.

I'm honestly more of a latin/bluesy/rock/metal type. I've been playin for a good 4 yrs n i was stuck w a Danelectro minipedal that was exaggerative until it messed up. I got this DS-1 for Christmas n dang it its bcome my best buddy. I wouldn't trade my lil buddy, not even for a million bucks. Soemtimes i even do rock/reggae with it too. The only option i wish it had was a pedal slot for weah effects but thats y u got those multi effect pedals out for (duh). If it was stolen ill jus go and get a new one, unless th cops get th friggin creep that stole it n i get it back. Without my strat, it jus isnt th same. Sure it sounds hot on a Gibson, epiphone, Fender, etc. but it has bonded so much w my Squier Strat that it jus isnt th same. People this pedal is jus for u all around guys. If you also like an industrial sound, this does it too.

ull have to get a van to crush it cuz i press pretty hard on it lol But in all sincerity, dont bother bringin a backup cuz this bad boy's durability is almost god-like. The only backup ull ever need is a 9-V battery in case is u bring it to a gig/church service/watever w an almost dead battery.

This pedal is better (I emphasize on that) than my last pedal, which was a Danelectro French Toast. The manual I thought was kool cuz i was a rookie on using Boss pedals. It's very easy to get a good sound from it. You can even get POD's guitar sound from "Sleeping Awake" on it (set the tone to 45 degree angle and dist. to MAX & gain down th middle 90 deg).