DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

I have a Marshall amp and a Ibanez guitar that I use this pedal with. I listen to Nirvana and this is the pedal that Kurt used for most of their recordings. I played a couple of their songs and it sounds exactly the same. It doesn't have too much distortion and it doesn't lack distortion at all. I have a Overdrive pedal and I like this far more than the Overdrive because the sound is more rich and on the Overdrive pedal the sound is too weak and thin. This pedal is good for Grunge, rock, and hard rock.

I play a lot of Grunge and rock. This pedal is a good match for those types of music. I been playing guitar for about 9 months. I own a Ibanez TS7 Tubescreamer and a Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus pedal. This is a nice add-on to my little setup. I like the DS-1 better than the Tubescreamer. I love the sound and the cool orange color. If it broke or was stolen I would get another DS-1. This pedal is great.

I can depend on it at home, but if I use it at gigs I would to have the Boss adapter hooked into it. It seems like it is built pretty tough. It should last.

It's pretty easy to get good sound out of this thing. I was surprised how simple it was. Usually it takes me a while to produce the exact sound that I want, but I plugged this thing in and I had that perfect sound I was looking for. The manual tells you everything you need to know about the pedal. It also has a little suggested settings section.