DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Musik Partner

I use a homemade guitar made out of a Fender body, and Ibanez pickups, and a Vox AD30VT and its sounds great! But sometimes the volume goes away and comes back, like in waves, but that's probably the batteries. This thing is never weak, if you have like none distortion, it gives you great blues sounds, and turn up the gain and it screams like a pig! I use a Cry Baby Wah Wah to it and it's very easy to get out early zeppelin sounds, and turn up gain and there you have '80s rock!

I play stuff like classic rock, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple, and '80s sleaze, Motley Crue, Guns N' Roses and stuff like that. It does the sounds perfectly! I've been playing for like 4 years and I recentley used a Zoom 505, but that s--t broked but when I had that it was great. The DS-1 is much better, I really dont like pedals with 2 million different effects, it's much more fun to put up your own table of like 4-5 different effects. No, nothing, I love it! If it were stolen I would buy a new one or find the sick cheap bastard who took it, but that's probably one of my sick friends who dont know how to use it. If some other kid took it, I would bash his head with a screwdriver and throw him down Kopparklinten (Swedish name for a high plays where I live)! I love everything. The gain is awesome! Great for blues and sleaze, and classic rock. I wish it had nothing more, then it would be like to much.

This thing is great! I can always depend on it. It can be stomped, it is made out of some kind of metal and it wont break in the first place. I really never play gigs, but if I did I would use it for sake.

It's very easy to get great sounds out of it, and with my amps distortion its great to play Grunge with. It's very easy to use, because there's not much to do with it, but yet its much. There's a manual, but you dont need it.