DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: n/a

I use this pedal with an Roland Cube 15 and Squier Strat but I am saving to buy a better amp and guitar. I don't know what amp I'm gonna buy but I'm saving up for a Fender Standard HSS. The DS-1 has 3 settings: distorsion, tone and level. I can get my sound almost identical like Kurt Cobains if I put the tone on 11 o'clock, distorsion and level on full. If you get the tone on low and distorsion on high you get loads of fuzz. I love the sounds the DS-1 can make.

I play mostly Grunge and I've been playing for a year. The other thing I own is a Korg AX10G multy effects procesor. If I turn on bank 61 which is recto sound and plug the DS-1 in I get so much feedback and its so cool. If it were stolen or lost I would be so angry because I don't have money to buy it again. The only thing I hate about the DS-1 is that I have to use it on battery. I was thinkin about getting a DigiTech Grunge pedal or a Boss DS-2 but this was the cheapest one so I took it.

I think but I'm not sure that I can depend on it because I don't have the adaptor and I use it with batteries. Because I got it around 1 week ago I don't know how long the actual battery life is. I would definetly use it for a gig (if I had a band).

This pedal is one of the easiest pedals and the best to use and it has an awsome sound. The manual is preety short and dumb cause it only tell you what the hazards are.