DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Riverside Music Shop

I am using my DS-1 Distortion pedal on my Roland MicroCube right now, but I have used it on my Marhshall JCM800, and my Fender Super Reverb. The pedal sounds great on all of them! It doesn't give you alot of noise, it is rather quite, but if you put the level knob on the highest setting you will get some feedback and noise. The distortion always sounds the way you want it to. It's up to you how much distortion or how much tone you want. A lot of artists use this pedal, it has very good sounds. Great buy!

My overall impression is that this pedal kicks ass! Check out all of Boss's pedals!

I can always depend on this pedal for my distortion. It won't break (unless smashed by a huge fat guy, with a sledge hammer) and it will withstand anyone with a leadfoot. I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup because, it is not the "ultimate" distortion pedal, but it is the best compact, portable pedal. For my backup to this pedal I would check out the OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion or the DS-2 Turbo Distortion pedals.

I purchased this pedal not knowing how well this small, simple pedal would sound. I got home, plugged it in and start jamming away on this thing. The DS-1 Distortion is a great pedal. You can get nice smooth distortion, mild&soft sounds, and super grungy tones! It has 3 knobs: tone, level, distortion. If you mess around with these knobs you can get your perfect distortion. The manual that comes with this pedal is easy to use and very simple, it even gives you a guide to different sounds. This pedal is built well, very firm and won't break easy. It is also compact and very portable!