DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

I play it with my strat-style guitar and a Stranger amp. The playing can get a little noisy on high tone but otherwise it is pretty noise-free. It can sound great but it all depends on your settings. Some settings really sound crappy and some are just great. A good setting would be to turn the tone knob really low and have the distortion really high. It gives a good sound for rock.

I play mostly rock and metal. It suits these genres decently enough. I have been playing for like a year and I find it a good buy for a player like me. If it ever were stolen, though I like it a lot, I would buy an other superior pedal. But it is good for all begginer players. The best part about it is the durability, it really is unbreakable. But it does give a certain fuzz in the background sometimes. Overall it is a really good pedal for begginers but another pedal would be more suitable for experts.

It is really durable and reliable. It is metal-bodied so it can be kicked around a lot before it breaks, if it does. It has high battery life and can be used for fairly long periods before the battery runs out. It can be used for a gig but I would prefer and advise people to use a better and more expensive pedal for a gig.

It is really easy to use and there is absolutely no need of a manual. The manual explains obvious stuff and is for only new guitarists. You can get a good sound on it but you would need to experiment on it a lot. Otherwise it is an amazing pedal for new guitarists who want a cheap pedal.

x_themetalfan_x
    nightonthesun wrote: This pedal really sucks. Its one of the worst I have heard. But then again there only about 35 bucks so u get what you pay for. Plus most of the reviews on here on done by newbies, thats cool, they just havent had enough time to experiment with other high quality pedals. I am tube amp kinda guy so I use an Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-808, so basically anything compard to the tubescreamer is gonna sound bad. This pedal just has way too much hiss and noise, and its really trebley and just sounds horrible.
    Well then, you just suck at using pedals. Proper use of the tone and level knobs eliminates the problems you mentioned.
    GATLIN
    Kurt Cobain used this pedal and thats why i bought it. I like the dirty distortion and feedback it gives off. The settings for Nirvana on this pedal are..Tone 11'o'clock...level is full....and distortion is usually like 3'o'clock but sometimes less sometimes more. I play a G&Ls500 and have a Fender Leadman amp.
    nightonthesun
    nightonthesun
    This pedal really sucks. Its one of the worst I have heard. But then again there only about 35 bucks so u get what you pay for. Plus most of the reviews on here are done by newbies, thats cool, they just havent had enough time to experiment with other high quality pedals. I am tube amp kinda guy so I use an Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-808, so basically anything compard to the tubescreamer is gonna sound bad. This pedal just has way too much hiss and noise, and its really trebley and just sounds horrible.
    jake_blakeley
    I found It sounded Awsome and easy to use. Except my adapter that connects to the battery broke when my dog tripped over it. If anybody knows where to get a new adapter for the battery can you tell me?