DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Steve's Music

I use this with my Peavy rage and I can get some wikid distortion. I've never had it make static sounds or really any feedback unless I was right by an amp (even on really loud settings when other pedals did give me feedback). I usually play Metallica or Lamb Of God and I got really, really close sounding distortion. A lot of the time none of my friend could tell the differance between the sound. Chords and lead are very good. However 6-string chords with heavy distortion is obviously going to give you a bad sound.

I usually play metal or hard rock music, and its a great match. If I'm in the mood for something with a softer sound (i.e. Hotel Clifornia by The Eagles) I can turn some knobs and get that sound in a couple seconds. I've been playing for almost 5 years and I got this pedal 2 years ago as my first pedal. I've gotin other effects pedals and such, but I've always gone back to my Boss D-1 for the best sound for distortion. I've never lost this but if I have id buy it again, its my favourite pedal. Anybody starting out and needs a distortion pedal should deffinatly invest in this pedal, and anybody who plays rock should also. This pedal is great all around is the best pedal I've seen in awhile.

I would alway use this in gigs. I have never needed a backup pedal (just a backup 9V battery). This pedal is solid metal and has never broken in the time I've had it (I have a tendancy of slamming on my pedals but this one has held up). I've had it over 2 years and I don't think Ill ever have to replace it from beeing broken. It even looks industructable!

This is an excellent pedal for a beginner to a on stage performer. There are endless possiblities of distortion and sounds as well as a clean tone. It's a great "plug-and-play" kind of pedal and is very easy to use.