DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: K&S Music

It's pretty clean all the way up. I did get some fuzz with the tone cranked but it could be due to the cheap cables I'm using. I think the Fender distortion on my amp is better(of course) but this pedal does a nice job as an Overdrive.

I Like the pedal as I do most Boss products. If I lost it or it got sotlen I would have to get another one. If there is one pedal you have to have this one.

Very reliable shell (metel). As for the knobs I did break one of these I'd like to see a steel screw used to fasten the knob to the box. When mine broke I noticed they used some sort of light alloy almost like plastic. None the less just drilled it out and screwed in a different knob. I later discovered that they do sell replacement knobs for these pedals so I probably could have just found a way to unscrew the remaining screw and put a new one in but it ads character.

This pedal Is the standard in my opinion when it comes to distortion. Very easy to use, good clean sound and if you want to sound like one of the pros you can bet they are probably using this same pedal. I'm running it through a Fender M-80 head and Fender 4x12 cab, with a Gibson Les Paul Studio. Not that there arent some very cool distortions made by other folks.