DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: World Music

I use this pedal with other pedals that I own and it causes no problems whatsoever. It gives a great boost to your signal when you have it on. It does tend to have a problem with feedback when you use it with higher gain settings on the pedal, but that could be because my guitars are all single coils. I can get any sound I want from this pedal, with great sustain. I can go from Cobain to Morrello to Hammett to Clapton with a few simple adjustments.

I play anything from RATM to Zeppelin to Metallica to Pearl Jam to Hendrix and others, and this pedal can do it all. I have been playing for almost a year, and this thing works great with my guitars, amp, and my delay and wah pedals. If I lost this thing, I don't know what I would do. Actually, I go get another one, but there'd be that 10 minute phase, where I just couldn't move on.

This has never failed me. Even though I use it with batteries, it has never failed during a gig. I have jumped on this thing several times, and it has held my full weight of 200 pounds everytime.

This the simplest pedal, that I own, and with 3 knobs with would it be. The second I got it, I opened the box, plugged in, and I was blown away. The manual in the box was very readable. It gave several settings to use to get certain sounds, my favorite was the mild and warm setting. If you don't want to read the manual, just adjust the knobs till you get your sound that you want.