DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

I'm using the pedal with my Standard Stratocaster, Vox AD50VT amp, and a Dunlop wah, the pedal sounds ok. The first time I hit it I was pretty surprised at how heavy the distortion was, but at the same time I was also surprised at the incredible amount of feedback and fuzz you get while playing. If you keep the volume down, and the distortion on your amp off, you shouldnt have too much of a problem with the noise. The pedal puts out a good variety of noise, and with enough tampering you can get soft warm tones, to sharp crunches, it sounds ok really, not great, but it's good.

I play a variety of music, and therefore I want to be able to produce a variety of sounds, and this pedal is incredibly versatile. With a few turns of the knobs you can totally manipulate the sound to your liking. This is my first distortion pedal, and I'm fairly pleased with it. It's a great buy, cheap as dirt, its solid and it does its job. If your looking for a solid distortion pedal thats cheap, grab this one. But let me warn you, the sound quality isn't grade "A" so if you want something thats really going to put out high quality distortion, this may not be the best pedal for you.

Oh yeah, I've only had it for a week, but I've beat the crap out of it. I've dropped it a couple of times, dropped stuff on top of it, kicked it, the works, and it still works like it did the day I bought it. I don't play gigs, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to use it, it's a solid pedal.

Ok, well, I bought this pedal about a week ago just cause I was looking for a way to add a little something to the distortion my amp already put out, and I have to say I wasn't dissapointed. I hooked it up and started playing and I was pretty pleased. It's easy to use, as it only has three knobs (tone, distortion, and level), and the manual that came with it has some sample settings for you to use which sound good.

guitar_lvr
    i have a BOSS "Metal Zone" is there much difference? by the way what does a BOSS "Enhancer" do? i have one from my uncle
    jj1565
    jake_blakeley wrote: If anybody knows where to get a new adapter can you tell me?
    any music store. or a generic one at any radio shack. if u plan on powering more than one pedal, then buy a 1-spot adapter instead.
    Robert_Terry
    Its a good little pedal, but if your after mega tone with it you have to be a dab-hand with your amps EQ to give it more 'oomph' or so i think
    zeppelin5005
    i have this pedal and its ok. I use it more than my amps distortion b/c its actually better, but not that much better. good for beginners.