DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: merchant city music

I play an Ibanez GR model and a Squier Tele into a Orange 30 wat amp. This pedal causes very little unwanted noise, it does creat a bit of buzz but thats to be expected from any pedal. I've nearly completely got kurt cobains sound from this pedal it also does a very nice John Fruciante for all you Red Hot Chili Peppers fans. The distortion gets weaker as the battery drains but it dosnt suk the batterys quickly wich is good.

I play rock and Grunge and it suits my style perfectly. I've been playing for a year and own a DigiTech RP80 witch a use for solos ect but the to pedals work together no probs. If it were stolen it probably try another pedal just out of interest I'd probably buy a DigiTech Bad Monkey or something similar.

It's a Boss so it's built like brick shit house it can take myt entire weight and withsstand me realy kicking at it in rehersals. I'd play a gig with this pedal without a backup tho I would replace the batery before a gig just incase.

the pedal isso easy to use it only has 3 controls tone, level and gain. I play a lot of Grunge so I turn the gain to about half and the tone to about 3/4 this gives me a sound very like Kurt Cobain's but when it comes to solo's id recomend having a second pedal to boost the distortion level. The manual isn't realy necessary because the pedal is so simple, it's basicly a plug in and play unit.