DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

My setup is a Standard Fender Stratocaster with a 100 watt Marshall Amp. My backup guitar is a B.C. Rich Bronze series. This pedal isn't noisy at all, there is no feedback unless you put on your amp distortion with them both all the way up with distortion. They effects are in the middle, some days it sounds good, others it could be better. I can get a sound out of my favorite artist using these. The Boss DS-1 was my first distortion ever. I use it for many songs varied from Black Sabbath to Metallica to Avenged Sevenfold to Lamb Of God. The Tone is a good setting to place with this distortion.

My music that I play is basically metal. It is a good match with the Boss DS-1. I've been playing for about 2 years, and own a Fender Strat, Marshall amp, Boss DS-1 Distortion, B.C. Rich Bronze series, First Act, and a simple acoustic. There is nothing I would wish for before getting this product, it's a good beginning distortion and also fits anything else you desire. If it was stolen I would buy a new one. The only thing I wish it had was delay. So I don't need my amp distortion.

You can usually depend on it. I would use it at a gig without a backup, but if I find a more heavier distortion I will also bring that along too.

This is a very simple rock distortion. It gives a good metal/rock tone. It is very easy to operate with the tone, distortion, and level knobs. The tone makes the guitar song more clearer and more of the distortion sound. The distortion basically does what it says. This particular distortion doesn't have a manual but it is very easy to understand. You can make all different tones from blues to metal with this pedal.

whatsagoodname?
    Agent_00Funk wrote: Then again Vai has had his DS-1 modded by Keeley, but this pedal is still great though.
    Satch's was modded too... tone is in the player not the gear. you can give someone a marshall and an SG and not hear anything like Angus
    GuitarGod610
    Give someone a Squier Bullet Strat and a shitty solid-state amp, and they're gonna sound like crap no matter how good they are. The tone is in the player, but also in the gear.
    Agent_00Funk
    kill em´all
    loki_lulamen
    kill emall wrote: its a good pedal but the metal-2 is a better more all around pedal. i got both of them so i know it.
    i agree totally i have both. the DS-1 is great for punk grunge and blues but the MT-2 is much more versatile because it can cover what the DS-1 does and much more. also the eq is much better
    KaiserX
    why is it that every review of a pedal tells me that it can play all sounds and styles? why buy anything else then? for one thing, i know the DS-1 is not that versatile. just my rant
    DaBlackE
    guitar_lvr wrote: i have a BOSS "Metal Zone" is there much difference? by the way what does a BOSS "Enhancer" do? i have one from my uncle
    The Boss "Enhancer" is like a BBE Sonic Maximizer, it boosts your highs & lows & tightens up the sound.
    choii
    ive had this petal for about a year, and i can get a bunch of verisitile souds from it, anything from hard rock/metal to blues and pop, just depends on how you put the tones. Yoy really have to expand your playing to really expirence this little wonder
    DaBlackE
    This pedal sounds better with tube amps and I've heard the made in Japan or older models are better but I have yet to use a old one so I cant say they're right.
    TimmyPage06
    I adore this pedal, but I eventually switched to a "Rat 2" (mostly because I like true bypass), this, with overdrive in front of it sound pretty good (The Rat 2 sounds ok, but godly if you get it modded) Actually, Get the DS-1 Modded for maximum distortion kickassness, without modding it's great for rhythm guitar.