DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Marathon Music

I run this through a Peavey Rage 158 amp with a Fender Fat Strat. It can be noisy if you want it to, or quiet if your playing it late at night. It's really versatile. You can get a great range of distortion out of it. I play a lot of grunge, metal, and alternative and it really works nice. Even when I want to play music like RHCP where there isn't as much distortion but it still has an edge to it, I can get that by just turn the distortion down and the tone up. Only complaint is when you run it through the adapter it may make a little static, but thats easily fixed.

All in all, this matches perfectly not only for the music I play, but any music at all. I've been playing for almost 4 years and I haven't even thought about trying out another distortion pedal. I would definitely get this pedal again if I lost it. I love it's versitility. Again, the only complaint I have is about the adapter. I wish they would have included one first of all, and it sometimes can make some static when played with the effect off, but a noise filter fixes it. I compared this to multi-effects pedals and other distortion pedals on the market and nothing even comes close.

This thing is built like a tank. You could drop an elephant on it and not worry about it breaking. I use this at a gig without any worries, and I tend to play pretty wild too.

Not only can you get a good sound of it, you can get a million different kinds of good sounds out of it. The manual is really unnescessary because it's really easy to use, with only three dials to change.