DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

My setup is a Fender stratocaster, Fender 25R, and a Yamaha RG. This pedal compliments all of my gear and is an accessory that no one should forget about. This pedal doesn't add that much feedback and when you put the tone and volume all the way to the right, its the noistiest it can get, but yet it still doesn't put that much feedback. The effects on this pedal scream. This pedal has got to be the pedal you have to get because its so easy, versatile, and personally my favorite. The effects of this pedal are never weak, and this pedal can definitely impress you. I can the exact same effect as the bands I listen to. The bands I listen to are Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, Relient w, All-American Rejects, Switchfoot and all that punk/pop/post hardcore rock in that category. The distortion on this pedal is flawless, it's superb and worth your time to go check one out.

Since I play a lot of pop/punk/post hard core rock the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal satisfies every bit of my needs. I've been playing for 2 years now and I currently own a Fender stratocaster, a Yamaha rg, a Fender frontman25r, and a Gibson SG coming my way. Something I would've asked before buying this, would probably be "Why did you buy this pedal?" because then the person you are asking can give you a lot of detail in one question. If this was stolen I would most certainly buy this product again. I love everything about it, nothing to hate. I love the tone feature because it can really alter your sound. You could go from post hard core to blues in 3 seconds. It's just so versatile. I didn't compare this to any other products because my friend just bought one, and I loved it, so I wanted one too. I wish I had a chorus pedal though just because the effects of that pedal would also suit my needs.

I can definitely depend on this pedal because it is built very sturdy with great quality materials. I would definitely gig with this without a backup, because I can trust all of Boss' products to satisfy my needs. I don't think I'll need a backup because I have a feeling this pedal will last me my whole life.

This pedal is so easy and versatile to use, its your portable distortion pedal that screams. The manual is pretty neat acutally, when you read it it has some preset tunes you can set your pedal to, to give the sound you want.This pedal has got to be the easiest pedal to use, simply adjust the tone, volume, and level to your desire, and presto, you've got all you would need.

recliner33
    I think this pedal is great for any type of music except for extreme metal like death or some thrash metal. But I just bought a danelectro fab metal to make up for it. I think this pedal is at it's best for playing bluesy stuff like zeppelin or for playing nirvana or QOTSA stuff.