DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: The Music Loft

I play a Fender Stratocaster and a Peavey Milestone out of a Kustom 10KX, and as crappy as the set up is, it delivers better than the milkman. It is not noisy, but has a tendency to pick up TV and radio signals. I thought that was funny, just sit it on the floor and it wont do that. The effects only weaken when the battery is gone, always a bonecrushing distortion perfect for Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and me.

I play blues, southern rock, hard rock, Grunge, metal, and alternative, and it is perfect for all of these genres. I've been playing for 3 years on each instrument, and I use a Dunlop chrome slide and a Jim Dunlop capo in certain situations. If it were stolen, I would buy a gun, and another DS-1. I love how you can make it so distorted you can't tell what note it is, that is distortion. I wish it came with an adaptor but hey, you can't have everything. This pedal is bliss.

I depend on it enough to not use a back up, I bought an adaptor anyways, and the machinery works like clockwork twenty four seven. I've played about seven gigs with it and it has not failed me at all, never letting up on it's crisp sound, and always producing the same effects I know and love.

This pedal was straight forward. I play out of a shitty little Kustom 10KX, and I can find the perfect tone that I need to play songs like Smells Like Teen Spirit and You've Got Another Thing Coming in less than five minutes of experimenting. I haven't done anything to it to mod it or edit it, this puppy is crystal clear. The manual is very straight forward and has nifty sample settings on it and a couple blank ones to put your own settings on there.