DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: N/A

Here is my gear: Squier Strat, Peavey Rage 158, Boss DS-1. It serves as a good distorton pedal. It's only noisy if I turn gain and volume all the way up on my dirty channel (which is useless because my amp is a solid state), so it really isn't noisy. It's not even noisy when I just use one of the single coils alone. I can get a mild to heavy distortion with the pedal. I can get a decent sound for most of my favourite bands.

I play rock mainly, and some metal and I think this pedal does those sounds great. I've bee playing for just over 2 years and this pedal suits me fine. I really have no regrets with this pedal because it was free. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably just get another one. I love the sounds I can gwt from the pedal, and I don't hate anything about it. Overall, I recommend this pedal for anybody looking for a nice solid distortion.

It's a Boss pedal, so I know reliability isn't even an issue. I could easily use this at a gig without a backup. The only Boss pedal I have ever seen broken was a chorus that my brothers cat peed on. I think this pedal will last for a long time without any hassle at all. It is built to last and that's what it will do.

My brother got a new amp, so he had no use fo a distortion pedal any more. He gave this pedal to me for free because he figured it would be a pretty decent distortion pedal for my small Peavey Rage 158. He was right, it gets a pretty good sound. It's very easy to get a sound that you like out of it.

eric_cartman
    gwitersnamps
    eric_cartman wrote: heres to night on the sun: you're speakin' about newbies??? you shitbrain you do know what kind of effect the tubescreamer is, right? it's an overdrive cocksuker not a distortion a overdrive get yourself the ****ing wax and semen out of your ear and try to hear the difference, or at least read what your pedal says: TUBESCREAMER OVERDRIVE PRO!!!!! if you wanna talk about the newbies make sure to take your head out of your ass, next thing you know your gonna say that the super chorus is not a heavy distortion you are very sad had a great laugh thanks
    But he's really having a great day.
    E V H 5150
    I'm really thinking about getting one of these because my stupid ass Bad Dog randomly broke down. It seems to be the best value for this price range, and seems to be good for any price range. But I think it's always best to try before you buy.