DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: local music store

I use my Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and a Vox DA15 with this pedal, and as long as the amp is on clean settings, the sound is exactly that what I was hoping for. If the volume gets too high on the amp however, it can start to sound a little over-distorted. It has an AC/DC crunch to it, with the gain around the middle, and a Disturbed sound to it, with the gain on high.

I play classic and modern rock, and occasionally metal, if I like the song, and all of these are prefectly suited for DS-1. I love this effect, so if it was lost or stolen, I would surely go out and buy a new one to replace it. One thing that I do wish it had come with, was an AC adaptor, but you can buy those seperately.

I have never used this pedal in a gig before, because I bought it pretty recently, but I have No Doubt that if I were to bring it to a gig, or a band battle, that it would be extemely dependable. I have used other effects from the Boss family in Live preformances, and they have all worked wonders.

This is one awesome distortion pedal. The manual to this is wicked informative, and it even gives you a listing of what styles of music the different settings will give you, like classic rock, british, metal etc. Even without reading it though, it is almost impossible not to get a great distortion sound out of it.