DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: sweetwater.com

I use a Charvel and a B.C. Rich with it. I have a Hughes And Kettner 60R. It sounds great with them. It only hums when I use it at full distortion. The effects always sound awesome, even when the battery is low. I can get the sound of almost anybody, like Angus Young, Neal Schon, Randy Rhoads, Zakk Wylde, etc. The only effect it has is distortion, but it's a distortion pedal, not Overdriove or Chorus.

I play rock and heavy metal mostly. It matches it great, because you can get that great distortion sound everyone wants. I've been playing about 2 years, this is the only pedal I own, but I'm getting a Dunlop Crybaby Wah. I am perfectly satisified with it. If it were stolen, I would definately buy it again. I love the great distortion sound, but I hate the battery life. My favorite feature is the distortion. That's the only feature. I do wish it had a better battery life, but it may be just the batteries I use, not the pedal. It's a great value for thrity dollars.

I can almost always depend on it. The only thing is, the battery life drains so fast. I've had it about 3 months and I have to replace it about every week. Yes, I would use it in a gig, but I would use AC adapter instead of the battery. I have dropped it multiple times, it still works great.

This pedal is so easy to use. I mean, it's a pedal! How hard is itr supposed to be? It has a Gain, Level, and Tone knobs. The manual shows you how to get good sounds like metal or british rock. Plus it's only 30 bucks! With a twist of a knob, you can go from an extremely clean sound to that great sidtorted sound of Back in Black.