DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: guitar center

I receive no feedback, unlike my amp's distortion. Recreates a great punk sound, and then with a tweak of the tone knob you are in classic rock heaven! More of a basic distortion though, it won't completely satisfy the metalheads out there. I would still recomend getting it, because for only $40 you should have enough money left over to go out and buy a second pedal that can supply whatever else it is you are looking for. Between it and my Marshall distortion pedal, I have access to any tone known to man. The most flexible pedal I have used by far!

Is a great companion to my Marshall pedal. I won't be looking for anything more as long as these continue to deliver. Great for all but the heaviest types of rock. No regrets, and even if you are displeased, you only made a $40 mistake. If it were lost or stolen, I would only have to mow a few lawns to have the money to replace it. I have been serious about guitar for only one year, but I regularly play gigs and know quality when I see it. Or in this case hear it. Overall a great investment.

The battery life on this thing is less than impressive. I will most likely be purchasing an adaptor before I use it for a gig. However, I don't see this thing breaking any time soon. Like most Boss pedals, it is built fairly tough. I will always have my Marshall guv'nor 2 on stage with me so I don't have to worry much about a backup. Even without the other pedal, I would trust this thing once I invest in an adaptor.

With only two knobs to control the tone, I wasn't very sure of how versatile this thing would be. But I definatly underestimated these two plastic knobs! Very easy to access any kind of distortion you might be looking for. The manual didn't leave me wondering about any aspect of this pedal. The suggested settings section of the manual also let me get great sounds from the get-go.