DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Custom Music

I use a Maton MS503 Mastersound guitar with this pedal and a Fender rumble amp and it sounds great with both of them. This is a bloody noisy pedal and can create a variety of distortions with te twist of a nob. I can easily get great silverchair and Rage Agaisnt The Machine tones and they always sound great so I always have great tones.

Because I play rock music this is a perfect match for the music I play. I also own a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver and a Boss CH-1 Chorus pedal and it sounds great with all my stuff. Except the shit faced didtech thing I bought, it totally wrecks the whole set up. If this mad ass pedal was stolen I would definetly buy another because it is great and there is nothing that comes to mind when said is there somthing I wish it had. I compared it to some DigiTech effects but I chose this because the distortion on the DigiTech was just a slur of crap.

I can always depend on this pedalbecause it is a Boss and that means it is built like a tank and have not encountered any problems what so everwith it so far and I have had it close to a year now. I would definetly go to a gig without backup with this bad boy.

When I got this pedal I expected it to be good because Boss are a great brand but I didn't expect it to be this bloody good. It's a piece of piss to get a good sound out of it becuase it only has three clearly labelled knobs a red led and the footswitch itself. The three knobs on this pedal are distortion, tone and level. The distortion Switch alters the level of distortion, tone alters the pitch of the distortion and the level is the level of volume the pedal makes. The led indicates wether the pedal in distorting or not and this is controlled by the footswitch. The pedal is turned on when a cord is plugged into the input (also clearly marked). It runs on a nine v battery and says in the manual that it lasts up to ninety hours and I have not have to raplace it yet. The battery also came with it.