DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

I usually use this pedal with a Yamaha EG 112C and a Line 6 75 watt combo. You can get a variety of sounds from hardcore 80's punk to post-black album Metallica to Guns N' Roses and Led Zeppelin hard rock and alternative. It isn't too noisy, unless you decide to turn everything all the way up. It takes a while to establish the sound you want, but you shouldn't take too long.

While I am a metalhead, I play in a punk band for some reason, so this pedal goes perfect with the style. I've been playing for 3 years now and this is my second pedal. The first was my Boss MT-2 but that was way too aggressive for the punk style. I bought this one and it never let me down. If it was stolen I would probably get a new one because it's a nice price and is the best pedal for the price. The only bad thing that people could complain about is the distortion isn't extreme so I wouldn't recommend it for anything heavier than AC/DC style hard rock.

It's a Boss pedal and the Boss quality never seems to fail. The knobs are large and very durable, it has a metal casing and is very dependable. You can take it to a gig and it'll survive. The battery life is about 60 hours straight on standby, 40 when activated,

The DS-1 Distortion pedal has three knobs: tone, level and distortion. The tone controls the bass and treble in the mix of the sound. The level is pretty much the volume control and the Distortion chooses the amount of drive. Like any Boss pedal. it is relatively easy to use. To remove the battery, it has a small screw in the back which if you loosen, you can insert the 9 volt battery. If you choose to buy a power adaptor, you plug it in from the front.