DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: eBay

I use the pedal with my bass, OLP with a small Crate amp, but I've had a friend play with it using his Jackson through a Peavey amp. The distortion is medium to light, fine for average rock, semi poppy sound. If your looking o play metal, hard rock, or hardcore this is the pedal you would want to go with.

The distortion on this pedal is alittle light for my taste, but I also play bass and usually it's just to play around, but with a guitar distortion of fairly light, maybe suitable for Green Day or Nirvana, some like that. This pedal runs about 50 dollars retail, my friends metal zone pedal from Boss runs around 100, and it's atleast twice the distortion, so if your looking for something light and fairly cheap it's a good pedal.

the pedal is durable and holds up, I bought it used, it's been around for several years, nothing at all wrong, alittle paint scraped off the corners, nothing else wrong. No need for a back up pedal if your happy with the sound, maybe a backup battery jsut in case, but other than that no worries, it will old up.

Very simple pedal, consists of input, output, and three control knobs. One knob is for distortion, one is for tone, and one is for volume, all labeled nice and simple. Powered by a 9 volt battery or AC/DC adapter can also be used, battery life is good, jsut make sure to unplug out. didn't come with a manuel beacuase I got it used but the pedal is not complicated to work, plug in, step on it and play.

JackWhitesCool
    Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 or this? I can't make up my mind. I have a les paul and a vox valve amp.
    hoba
    This one has a normal out. I need a pedal that would be connected straight to a stereo (not guitar) amplifier and i assure you that this amp is great. I was wondering if this one can make it or should i get the digitech stuff where there is an out to connect straight to mix boards and other devices apart from guitar amps. I need advice on it guys.I suppose ds-1 is great sounding, for example, petrucci, satriani,vai, all of the nice shredders use it, and i suppose they know what they do.But the problem is if it will suit to me, to this, final amp, not guitar amp.Please tell me.
    hoba
    I need a pedal to be connected straight to a final stereo amp not a guitar amp, and i am wondering if i should go for boss ds-1 or boss in general or go for the digitech stuff that have an out to connect to other sound devices(mixing boards and others) apart from guitar amps. Tell me what you think.