DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

Setting things up with this takes about two seconds everything can be ajusted mid play. It gives feedback when it turns on but really find me a distortion pedal under 40 that doesn't. The effects are stong and fully adjustable. You can play anything from the chili peppers to Audioslave. The distortion sounds very good. Most pedals around this price sound completely fake. Really you can't beat a Boss pedal with sound.

I play stuff from U2 to Incubus. This is the best distortion pedal for begginers. Really when you decide to move on just buy a DS-2. There is no need to switch brands becuase the DS-2 is completely amazing. If this were stolen or lost I'd find the guy and shoot him, no but really I'd just go out and but a new one. It's only 40 bucks at most. But don't let the price fool you this thing is the best for the money. I have used one for a whole year and I will continue to do so. This is clearly the highest standard for begginers along with the intermediate level.

This thing is a freakin steel brick, it wont crack ever. Sure the paint wears off but who cares? You do not need a backup for this as I have done gigs with this pedal without any problems at all. Make sure to change the battery every now and then though. I had this for a year, no problems at all. Really I wish it came with the ac adaptor.

Uh can a pedal become any more simple? I think not. Without a doubt this is the easiest there is and it is best for begginers. With only three knobs it's hard to be confused but just incase the manual shows everything and it includes a couple samples (which really aren't that fantastic but nonetheless still helpful). Pretty much you turn this thing on and it emits great sound no matter what.

sg4ever
    The Behringer ultra metal is better for rock to metal versatility and it's cheaper. Booya!