DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend

I use it in my whoel rig of Boss pedals and a Fender HSS Strat through a Twin Reverb. I mainly use the DS-1 for rhythm playing. It's not that it can't be used for lead, but I use my Blues Driver, Big Muff, and MD-2 for lead. This has great tone for lead and rhythm, it can get super trebly or can get a nice fat scratchy sound too.

This pedal is really versatile, it can get a big variety of tones from blues to rock, it probably won't reach heavy metal tones but it can get pretty heavy. As with all my other Boss pedals I was very satisfied with this. I'd deffinately buy it agian, especially since it's only 40 bucks. Great for the price.

This is one of my first pedals that I had about a year and a hlaf ago, and it's still perfectly fine, it holds batteries pretty good, but all my pedals are run through a Boss BCB-60 pedalboard, so batteries aren't a matter anymore. This is true for all of Boss' products though, they're built tough and last long. I'd deffinately use this without a backup.

This is a superbly easy pedal to use. It has 3 knobs, controlling tone, volume, and distortion. The manual, like most Boss manuals are awesome, tghey have 4 or so models of settings. I found it better to just find my own setting though, what I did was bass it off a manual setting and tweaked it to better suite me.