DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: a friend

I'm running this pedal with a Michael Kelly Patriot Q guitar, a DigiTech RP100 multi-effects pedal, and a Behringer GM108 15-watt amp, and it sounds pretty good. I keep my amp on clean at all times, and I Switch between the RP100 and DS-1 to shape my sound. The tone knob is pretty much the only thing I alter on this thing. It's basically like an EQ, adjusting my highs and lows. I keep the distortion and level knobs all the way up and it puts out some great distortion tones.

Since I bought this from my friend, I didn't get the power supply ('cause he lost it), so I've been running on batteries to power it. I've tried powering it through a non-Boss power supply, and it didn't work at all. In order to keep the batteries from going dead, I've had to unplug the pedal from my rig every time after I play it, otherwise it'll drain the batteries down, whether it's off or on. That's been a bit annoying, but for $25 it's otherwise worked great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a better distortion, or someone who switches back from clean to distortion a lot.

This thing is built to last. It's been dropped multiple times in the garage and off of a stage a few times, and it still works great with barely a ding on it. I've gigged with it twice and lugged it to multiple band practices and it's worked great. Very durable.

When I first got it, it took some tweaking, but it ended up being fairly easy for me to get a good sound out of it. I bought this off of a friend of mine Who didn't use it any more, and he had lost the manual, so I had to figure out any presets on my own, which wasn't too difficult, but it took a little time. Only 3 knobs on this thing after all, tone, level, and distortion.

mrgreen67
    i got this thing to day the only thing i regret is not going to the local store and buying 9 volt batteries after 4 hours of playing it started to not sound good. other than that BOSS is the BEST!!