DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: The Rock Shop

I'm using a Jackson SLSMG Soloist through a Crate GX60 amp. The pedal is pretty quiet unless you max out every setting you'll get some fuzz, nothing horribly annoying though. The effects are a bove average but nothing spectacular about it. You can get a pretty decent tone of almost anything you want but not an amazing tone.

This was my first pedal and it helped me get the basic sound of what I was aiming for. I recommend it to most beginners as there first distortion pedal. If it was stolen I would probly buy it again bcaus it is pretty useful and don't drain your cash. The only thing I wish it had was a greater distortion range.

This pedal is made of metal so it's pretty strong. I've had it for roughly a year and it hasn't failed me once. I would definitely use without a backup just use an AC adapter instead of the 9 volt incase of battery failure. but always bring a backup to a show becaus you never know what might happen.

It's pretty easy to get the sound you want out of this pedal. There's a level [volume] knob, tone knob, and distortion knob. The manual for it show you all the basic stuff you need to know if you can't figure out how to use the pedal and the anual also shows settings for some basic sounds like fuzz, blues, etc.