DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

My setup is a baron guitar with a baron amp. To spite the crappy setup this pedal still delivers. I can get full distortion with little buzz to spite having single coils. I even use it for my bass and it can do all that a bass distortion pedal can do, although you have to do a lot more tweaking of settings. I play a lot of metal so I need a good pedal that can provide a max distortion and this does the trick. My favorite artists are Trivium, Megadeth and Metallica. Trivium and Megadeth is very easy however I can't quite get a Metallica sound out of it too well. As far as bass it does pretty well, I can play Anesthesia and Under The Bridge with this pedal, however some distortion bass parts are hard to recreate with this pedal. The only problem I have with this pedal is no matter how you adjust the level, it is still louder than clean. This poses a bit of a problem for my bass, guitar I've learned to Live with.

I play metal, metal and more metal. If this pedal can do metal it can do anything. I've also used it to play some punk and it still works great. I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now and bass for 1 year. This pedal can back me up in the craziest riffs and solos like nones business. I wish I had of known that it takes batteries but it's pretty efficient on battery life so I'm still happy. If I lost this it I would probably upgrade to something with multiple effects, or a bass effect since I don't play guitar much any more, I can't say I would try to replace it. Above all I wish it had chorus/flange, I've wanted to try that forever.

This pedal is amazing, I'm worried about the battery inside breaking before the pedal breaks. I haven't put it through much yet, just dropped it a few times and it's still working great. I would never have to bring a backup to a gig. This is the most reliable piece of equipment I own.

This pedal is easy to use. there's only 2 knobs to worry about and you can just give it a few turns and bam, you got anything from full on metal distortion or just a bit of fuzz. I didn't get a manual for it but I don't think I need a manual anyway, it's so easy of use.

SlashsGuns
    for the buzzing problems like EVERYONE mentions just turn down the level a little, or you can do what I do and use a noise gate!!!