DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

I use this with an Epoch (Gibson baldwin music education) les paul and a Peavey Backstage 11 amp. The amp has a little fuzz to it, it's not the pedals fault. the guitar still has the stock pickups, which are crap as far as distortion goes, so I'm going to Switch them, but the ds1 really enhances the overall sound, so I'm not too worried about it. I really like to play Scorpions, Deep Purple, Nirvana, etc. and sometimes it's hard to get just the right sound, but thanks to the Boss DS-1 Distortion, I can nail the tone I'm looking for!

I play rock, metal, and alternative, and this gets them all! I haven't been playing very long, but I think I'm pretty good for my level. I own a DigiTech Turbo Flange, a Peavey Backstage two amp and an epoch les paul. I would buy this thing a million times if I had to, I just can't Live without this thing! I love everything about this equally and there's nothing I hate about it. If you're in the market for a distortion pedal, check this out.

This thing is unbelievely durable. You could probably drop it off of a ten story building and all you'd get is a chip, I mean this thing can stand up to just about anything (except water)! You can take this thing to any gig, indoors or out, and not worry about backup gear (unless you bring other pedals to mix with it).

This is an awesome distortion pedal! It's really easy to find good sounds, whether you want clean, distortion, or even super distortion, it can be made with this pedal. It doesn't have any fuzz or unwanted sounds. It really extends your sound variations. My cheap amp doesn't have very good distortion, and this really helps. If you play metal, rock, alternative, whatever, this will really enhance the sound of your guitar.

leondb
    I picked this one up recently. I replaced my Digitech Grunge with it. Overall, it was worth the money. I'm starting to find Digitech pedals to be fragile. I had problems with the Grunge and Hyper Phaser after 1 1/2 years of use. And I am pretty careful about swapping batteries.