DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

I use this with my single coil and humbucking guitars, but I find that the tone is better with humbuckers. It does get a bit noisy with high distortion and high tone. The effects sound very good when it's turned up a little. If your trying to keep it quiet and at a practice level volume, the effect gets kind of quiet. You can get the sound of Grunge from nivana and bush, but then also get the heavy metal tone of sabbath, and you can get the crunch from Zeppelin.

I play a lot of metal, Grunge, classic rock, stuff like that. I have been playing for a year and a few months now, I own a Line 6 amp, and 2 Epiphone guitars. If it were stolen I would probably get the upgrade to the DS-2 Turbo Distortion just so I have new stuff to play with. I love the range of tones you can get but I hate the buzz it makes. My favorite setting is the level and distortion knob turned app all the way anf the tone knob at the middle. I wish it didn't buzz but otherwise it is a pretty good product.

I can depend on it just check it before you use it at a gig, but I wouldn't use it at a gig without the ac adapter cord, because the batteries might die. It has a very good and tough structrue, this thing is like a tank! It is senseitive enough that it will turn on with evey stomp but a light tap won't turn it on.

I bought this effect pedal as my first from a visit to guitar center. It is very easy to use and you get a range of sounds from as well. There is a tone, level, and distortion knob on it. It has a light indicator on the top. It takes a 9 volt bateery or ac adapter, which I like so you can use the cord if you out of batteries. The instruction manual tell you how to change the battery, and work it.