DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Price paid: C$ 50

Purchased from: long and mcquades

The setup I use this with is a Epiphone riviera or Fender telecaster into my ehx big muff to ehx worm to iibanez ts9 to DS-1 to Boss chorus to Hiwatt wah wha to Fender 4x10 hot rod deville. the pedal is only noisy with my tele becuase I don't have the noisless pickups. the sound of this pedal is pure crunch great for leads and when engaged with the ts9 you can get some great tones alla mike mcready or alone john frusciate. this is a great distortion pedal as I am a lover of all types of distortions they all float on and off my pedal board or all get used together and I don't see this one floating off too soon.

As a player of mostly rock this pedal is great I've been playing for about ten years now and I wish I had this pedal to use in the studio when my band recorded. if it were lost or stolen I'd Pick uo a new one without question. I love how it provides you with endless options for distortion messing around with the knobs gives you a lot of range as far as ur crunch goes. I'm going out to buy another one soon to throw on the board so I can have 2 set up differently.

I'd put my life on it takes hits like ali. I would not use it alone at a gig my sound calls for more that just one fuzz box but if I had one fuzz box to take it would be this one

This is a a very easy pedal to use for beginners and experts alike. The instruction manual is not needed bu good to read for further info about the pedal and how it operates. No mods on mine.

noob_head
    quimson : i kinda wanna get this pedal but i think it'll be too noisy. is it going to be too noisy for red hot chili peppers stuff? POSTED: 03/08/2007 - 101 am / quote | nah, its only gives out a buz if u put the distortion too loud, or the tone too loud. niether of which u need for red hot chillie peppers.
    lyonk55
    I've got this and I can get a pretty good sound outta it...BUT...I don't have much access to a "good" amp or other pedals, so I can't really compare