DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: www.musiciansfriend.com

I have it setup through an Epiphone G-310 an after market hand wound Seymour Duncan pickup in the bridge and the stock in the neck position and the amplifier is a 1981 Carvin combo amp with magna lab speakers. There is a lot of feedback and string scratching and too much treble it's like reduclious how much treble there is on this thing the upside of this is tapping sounds exclent it's got perfect sound quality for tapping.

I play more of a classical rock to a metal scene and this pedal is overall a very good low priced pedal this pedal is probaly the best pedal you could get for the price of $40 espicaly for the rock to metal sence I've had this pedal for 1 year and have been playing for 3 and if it were stolen I would probably get a more expensive pedal because it's obliousy not the best pedal but definitaly a good pedal I saw my friend using an envlope filter so I thought I'd get a pedal too but I like lots of distortion so I got this pedal and I love it's simplicity but dispise it's lack of complexity.

This pedal is completely dependable the only thing you might wanna bring is a backup battery if you left it plugged in during a jam session or practice or something the life span for the battery is like 50 hours so even then you should be fine. I would use this on like 5 gigs in a row without a backup.

This is an extreamily easy to use pedal the distortion. this pedal only has 3 knobs 1 tone, 1 distortion, and 1 level and in the manual there is some more advice on settings.