DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Boss: DS-1 Distortion

The sound isn't good unless u got a reverb pedal. I am using the fullerton FG-60 amp and The Gibson les paul custom with triple humbuckers. I really like the lespaul on any of the pickups with volume on 8 and tone on 5. I can get sound from band any where from ac/dc to Green Day.

I play mostly classic rock and some newer rock. Yes it is perfect only if you have another pedal for reverb. I have been playing for 5 years. I own a bc rich warlock and an Ibanez semihollow body and a Peavey M-2600 poweramp. No regrets. I would get another one of these No Doubt. I love that it is so reliable. I compared it to my DigiTech rp-50 and blew it out of the water.

Reliability & Durability is good, all stompboxes are very reliable and durable. It always works good; I have had no problems with these pedals. You may especially like the battery feature. I used it in My hunting cabin with no power. It worked fine with headphones.

I have Just bought the Ds-1 from my friend. I had one a couple years ago but didn't like it. I know how hard it is to get a good sound out of it and even that usually isn't great, but i also have a DigiTech rp-50 and on the clean setting on the DigiTech with only reverb added it makes the stock Ds-1 outstanding. I really like ds-1 now.